Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ode to my sister...Rebecca Claire Mitchell

Just today I got home from school at 8:30pm, parked my car, and checked to see if Jordan had gotten the mail. to my surprise he hadn't and in the mail box was a large yellow envelope addressed to Michelle and Jordan Beck . It had three stamps and a return address to my wonderful sister Rebecca! I sped walked down to get into the house so I could open it right away. I could only speed walk because I learned the other day that you shouldn't run over iced cement!



As I opened the letter like a crazed person, i pulled out a sheet of pretty stationary that was nicely laminated! With it there was a smaller piece of paper explaining "Michelle and Jordan, this is what I wanted to say on the big day. Like yourselves, I was very nervous and didn't get out everything I wanted to. "
As I started reading the toast, my eyes started to pool with water. As a tear began to fall I found my self reading a funny sentenced and then began to laugh. Jordan, sitting beside me on the couch, inquired to me what I was laughing about. I turned to him and as he saw that I had been tearing up he leaned toward me and read along with me.


Isn't she beautiful!?!
I have to say that Jordan and I thought that all the toasts at the wedding reception were perfect and loved them dearly. though I know how Rebecca feels and I truly appreciate and am excited to have this in my photo books forever.

To my sister I love her with all my heart! She is so smart, pretty, and heartwarming! Everyone she meets finds out why we have all fell in love with her. Everyone knows what I'm talking about.
For all the times we fought and chased each other around the house with barbies in hand; I would never give anything for my sister. I would never change her, or take for granted anything she has to offer.

Rebecca deserves a medal and a standing ovation, not to mention she was the perfect maid of honor!

Love to Becca! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment