Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jordan black and blue ankle

My poor BABY!
On Tuesday nights we play basketball at church with other guys. while Marie is living with us she comes too, but normally I'm the only girl who goes. So you could probably understand how competitive it can get. Most everyone is nice and just want to have fun and exercise. We are all good friends and joke around as we play. now that summer has started some of the younger guys like to come and try to be the best.
Jordan is one of the best players every night because he can jump, rebound, run, and what he is famous for is tipping the missed baskets into the hoop.
This past Tuesday Jordan was going up for a tip shot and one of the younger show-offs got under him and "hip checked" Jordan as he was landing on his right foot. In a matter of moments Jordan fell like a ton of bricks.
I have never seen him in so much pain. Most who roll their ankle can just get up and walk it off, but Jordan couldn't even sit down and relax for minutes.
But Jordan is tough and talks about it like nothing has happened. He'll bounce back and be at basketball next week and life will go on like nothing happened.
Jordan has been wearing an ankle brace through the day and when he gets home he ices his ankle. Today he came home and his ankle looked like this so I decided that he needed a ice bath for his whole foot.

His entire foot is swollen from his ankle to his toes. it now has started up his calf from the ankle brace.

Jordan learned when playing football and volleyball at Ventura College that if you wrap your toes with a wet suit material the cold water is MUCH more bearable to handle. He is using my swimming webs that I'm doing arm strengthening drills while swimming. It looks funny!
We'll have to see how long this swollen ankle will last

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jordan!! I am so sorry! I know you are a toughie but that looks terrible! I hope it looks worse than it is and I know you will be out there playing next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!That looks awful!! Are you sure it's not broken?!?!? Poor Jordan, hang in there! We're thinking about you..XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so nuts!! I know Jordan and I already have kankles but that is just crazy. Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete