Monday, April 27, 2009

My Proud Dinner!

This week Kenny, Marci, Marie, and Kenny's younger brother Levi came over for our favorite show "24."
One other thing I like to watch is the Food Network; so I decided to make dinner and dessert of recipes that I saw looked really good. One was a roast chicken and vegetables, which I was so proud to accomplish since I am not much of a cook!


This was the chicken as I was putting it in the oven...

This is what it looked like coming right out of the oven! Yum, Yum!



The second recipe was for dessert. Limeade Pie!!! It was a little sour, but also juicy and tangy. Extra Yummy!

The Lime green color is just splattered on food colored water.

Just in case you were curious, here is the recipe....
Frozen Limeade Pie
You'll need to have a 9" gram cracker pie crust
Filling ingredients:
1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk, chilled
1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate *(or just 1/2 of the normal 12 ounce can)
1 tablespoon lime zest *(optional)
Candied lime peels, for garnish *(this is also optional, you don't need anything, but I just used some leftover frozen blueberries I had)
Directions:
In a medium bowl, add whipped topping and gently (this is crucial!!) fold in condensed milk. Add limeade and zest and gently fold to combine. Do not let the mixture become soupy! Pour mixture into the pie crust and freeze overnight *(I made it in the morning and served it that evening and it turned out great) . Then Garnish to your liking when ready to serve.





6 comments:

  1. It was very delicious!!! Thanks for always making such great dinners, and desserts of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks sooo delicious! You could be on the Food Network channel too. Another great talent. I missed "24" with you guys this week but I so enjoyed the lasagna dinner and company last week.
    Love you guys. mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! looks great I will have to try the recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! great job! looks delicious...i wish we lived closer so we could come hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks YUMMY! I have made a similar pie...but it was an ice cream, limeade pie. So you have a gram cracker crust and mix together vanilla ice cream (softened) and 1 can limeade concentrate then fill and freeze again...so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks DELICIOUS! Now I am hungry! I did a similar pie, but with Pink lemonade concentrate. So good on the hot days! It's 8:45 am and already 91 degrees... I miss Camarillo and the close proximity to the beach. I think Laura and I will go to Joel's grandma's and swim in her pool while Joel is at work. (But I don't think I will tell him or he wil feel sad.) :)

    ReplyDelete